Mr. Feldon and Miss Alexander welcome the 2016/17 Year 6 class.
Curriculum Letter – Summer 2
Dear Parents and Carers,
During the last half term Year 6 pupils will continue to prepare for transition to Year 7 with the following learning.
In maths will be focusing on ALL areas of maths which include algebra, measurement, statistics, geometry, calculations, ratio, number knowledge and fractions.
Our Power of Reading book is ‘Macbeth’ by William Shakespeare.
‘Shakespeare’s shortest tragedy holds attention through its rapid action, sinister atmosphere and convincing psychology. It is peopled with spirits, ghosts and witches and much of the action takes place in dark and shadowy places’
We will be focusing on handwriting and specific areas of grammar such as abbreviations, acronyms and types of clauses.
Our IPC topic is called ‘Express Yourself’ and covers the following areas:
In Society, we’ll be finding out:
- How the way we feel has an effect on other people
- How to deal with bullying
- What makes us happy/unhappy
- What we feel about our school
In Technology, we’ll be finding out:
- How advertising can change the way we feel about certain products
- If we can design a product to make us feel relaxed
In Art, we’ll be finding out:
- How feelings and emotions can inspire artists
- What local artists feel about the home or host country
- How we can show our feelings through art
We will continue to have both an indoor and outdoor sessions in preparation for Sports Day.
French and R.E.
Coverage of these subjects will be included due to absence from previous terms.
Many thanks for your support.
Mr Peter Feldon
Year 6 Teacher